Just some catch up stuff. Andrew is doing really well. He is an honorary member of the jump rope club now thanks to his Dad's inside sources. This means that Andrew can go jump rope in the gym while the older kids are practicing. He doesn't know the difference. It is more of a social thing with him--getting to be around other kids as much as possible. In piano he has perfected his Suzuki piece for his next piano recital on the 18th and is now busy trying to learn some Christmas pieces. He learned Jolly Old St. Nicholas in one day--I'm supposed to have him read the music, but he has such a good ear he doesn't need the music after hearing it a couple of times. Also, we finally finished reading "The Horse and his Boy" (without any tears I might add) and we are getting ready to start reading "Prince Caspian." He has 69.4 Ar points. I am really proud of how hard he is working.
Steven is at his last College class for this semester tonight. Today he played a trick on his co-teacher, Mrs. Perry. It was her half-birthday (somehow this is something they celebrate in goofy teacher world) so to celebrate or torment her they had the secretary call her down to the office in the middle of class saying that there was a very angry parent she was going to have to deal with. Mrs. Perry meanwhile believed the story because she has been dealing with angry parents frequently, went to the office where the principle(who is in on the whole thing naturally) gives her a big spill about how angry and out of control this parent is. Mrs. Perry begins to elaborate on how things seamed to be all cleared up with this particular parent and how this episode is coming out of nowhere. Behind her back, the secretary is waving to the principle to let Mrs. Perry go back to her classroom because the trap has been set. However, Mrs. Perry does not take the principles hints to let it go for now and go back to class. Instead, she commences explaining and elaborating on the whole problem from day one ( kind of like the book of Genesis "In the beginning . . ."). The principle is patiently listening and giving hints and trying to get her back to her classroom so they can continue with the joke--and Mrs. Perry is not co-operating. At last she finishes and calms down and is persuaded to return to class. She walks into a dark classroom expecting nothing, turns on the light and then .............Steven and both 6th grade classes start throwing armfuls of confetti that the secretary has been saving up for several months. The room is literally a foot deep in shredded paper. Mrs. Perry is stunned and confused and then she remembers that it is her half birthday and that Steven is getting revenge on her for the last confetti storm. And there were donuts. ( or as they say in the bible "and they saw that it was good").
So you see, both my boys are getting education and play time. We are getting excited for Christmas. Andrew has written out his three page letter to Santa, and Steven has the lights up outside. We are all cozy and hunkered down waiting for the Holiday Season with great anticipation. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner at my mom and dads. I think I washed every dish in the house, and sad to say, my taste hadn't returned yet from the last chemo so I couldn't really taste anything. But, I have to tell Lorraine and Gary thanks for cooking up an early Thanksgiving dinner for us before my chemo so I was able to savor my turkey this year nevertheless. Family is the greatest blessing. That is what I am most thankful for this year. Without my family, I would be lost.
I also need to thank some special ladies who gave me a very thoughtful gift last month. I have never had anyone do such a nice thing for me before. I was astonished. I had a lot of fun and I have enjoyed it so much. Thank you so much!!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
I want to go back to 6th grade and be in Steven's class. They sound like absolutely amazing teachers. Their students are very lucky. Andrew is amazing. I hope he plays his songs for us at Grandma Clarks Christmas FHE. Hope things are going well. We think about you every day!
Tell my mom and dad to video record his piano recital so we can see it too. H'e such a great kid!! Sounds like Steven is up to no giid as usaul. I hope your feeling great!!! Love ya!
Sounds like Steven's school knows how to have a good time! That's exciting Andrew plays the piano. A great talent to have especially on a mission. Best of wishes to you Maria on your next chemo. We continue to have you in our thoughts and prayers.
Hunter could only wish his 6th grade teachers were so cool! I guess it is true, boys never grow up! Sounds like a great book "The Horse and his Boy" you and Andrew read, Sydnie is a big reader, any thoughts on a couple I should pick up for Christmas?
I hope you are feeling better and tell Andrew to keep up his piano playing, he may serve in a Branch on his mission and they are always looking for a piano player! :)
Post a Comment