Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Andrew's is SEVEN!!!

Andrew had his seventh birthday on the 22nd. He wanted a bike party, so we invited his friends to bring their bikes to Rimrock Elementary on the Saturday before so they could all ride bikes together. Afterwards they had brownie sundays---just what Andrew ordered. (on a side note, it was Steven's birthday too, unfortunately, he has lost his birthday forever --he laments--which has sadly been proven true for the last seven years. However, he did get a carrot cake and a brownie sunday and he was privileged to chaperon a bike party that included two lovely little ladies one four almost five and one three going on 18.) It was perfectly planed and was just finished when a huge rain storm hit. We were very lucky.


Tonight we also celebrated another great event----Andrew and I finished reading "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe." Andrew loved the book. Every night he would beg for another chapter, but when we finally finished the last chapter, this is what happened (see below). He burst into uncontrollable tears and bawled his eyes out. He told me he wished we hadn't finished the last chapter. Nothing could be done for him and he finally cried himself to sleep just a few minutes ago. Man, the power of the imagination in the young. It is incredible!!

5 comments:

Cziep Family said...

I sure hope Andrew had a great birthday!
I am sure Stephen had a happy one too!

So what is the next book you will two will be reading?

K Lind said...

Andrew is such a cutie! I'm so glad that you are helping him to become such a book lover! It is awesome!

The Moss Family said...

Happy birthday Andrew, ans I guesss to Steven too.
Way to go on reading that book Andrew!!! That is so cool that you like to read! I'm curios also what book are you going to read next?

K Lind said...

If Andrew is seven, that means I have been home from my mission for seven years. Man, I'm getting to be an old fart!
-Joshua

Janet said...

Wow, what an accomplishment. What are you going to read next! Happy Birthday to Andrew and Steven!!!