Do you ever have that let down feeling after you have been obsessed with something or at least deeply moved by say a book (sigh**yes Twilight) or a movie? Sometimes it just comes to the point where you want to be able to take a cold shower and move on but nothing seems to grab your attention like it use to. No-----mopping the floors and watering the flowers, doing the laundry just doesn't make an impact like it use to (sarcasm of course). I hope there are more of you out there than just me because I feel pathetic. So, anyway the countdown to school has really hit home and I desperately don't want to have school start yet because then I have to go back to work and start thinking holidays and snow and cold weather--Ugh!! (Whoever has there thumb on fast forward, please get it OFF!!!!--summer I swear just started weeks ago!!)
Well, If any of you are looking for a little escapism--which unfortunately translates into--I Want To Be Lazy Please-- here are a few escapes I would like to suggest, and if these are not your sort of escapism--well, my heart goes out to you and, really, you don't have to take a cold shower by any means--there is still always chocolate and shopping for shoes.
Some movies--
"North & South" (BBC drama based on Elizabeth Gaskell book, very similar to Pride and Prejudice, available at your library or netflix)
"Howl's Moving Castle" (anime cartoon--gorgeous illustrations, awesome imaginative story--not a kiddy flick per se--by Hayao Miyazaki--the ultimate master )
"Water" (as previously posted)
"Penelope" (new out--very awesome--funny)
"Children of Heaven" (forgein film takes place in Iran--features a footrace at the end)
As far as books--
I highly recommend the "Uglies" and "Pretties." If you need a little more girl power try "Poison Study" by Maria V. Snyder or any of the Rick Riordan books--Greek mythology come to life.
Anyway, enjoy and discover. Just so it is out there--I am all in for a midnight showing of "Twilight" the movie and would welcome company.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
How about you come out here for the midnight showing. :) or you could pay for me to come there.
I felt that way after finishing Breaking Dawn. I didn't want the whole thing to be over. Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. I commented this before but does Water have subtitles and I read Uglies but need to get Pretties or vice versa, whichever is first. The first one was really interesting.
Post a Comment